Cyber Insurance Can Protect Your Maryland and Virginia Home and Business
It’s the holiday season. Many families in Maryland, Virginia, and D.C. are using their internet for long distance learning, work, shopping, and entertainment. This extensive computer use can leave equipment vulnerable to criminal cyber attacks. Whether your computer information is hacked and held for ransom or personal data is stolen— familiarize yourself with the insurance protection available.
Give us a call at 410-571-1771 to discuss how the Crilly Insurance Agency can help your family and your business keep you protected from Cyber crime.
Learn what is now available in Cyber Insurance.
- Cyber attack coverage: provides protection in the event equipment (desktops, laptops, smartphones, tablets, Wi-Fi routers and other internet access points, such as smart home devices and security systems) needs a virus removed and or reprograming or reimbursement for the removal of a virus or reprogramming of equipment.
- Cyber bullying coverage: provides protection coverage for online harassment that may lead to events such as: wrongful termination, discipline from school, temporary relocation expenses, temporary private tutoring, lost wages and legal expenses.
- Cyber extortion coverage: helps the policyholder recover from ransomware attacks that block access to personal data and demand a fee to regain control. (This coverage may include assistance from experts to assist in restoring files and reimbursement for any ransom paid if approved by your insurance company)
- Data breach coverage: provides coverage in situation where personal data entrusted to you is lost, stolen or published.
- Online fraud coverage: reimburses the policyholder for direct financial losses that occur as a result of identity theft, unauthorized banking or credit card transfers, phishing schemes and other types of fraud.
A few simple precautions can help protect your computers and internet.
Cyber- crime is a growing threat to both large and small companies. You may think your business won’t be targeted, but criminals won’t care if you are an entrepreneur building a small business or launching a startup company. The funds you spend to invest in cyber security measures and damage/vandalism insurance is an expenditure you won’t regret.
At the Crilly Insurance Agency we offer commercial insurance packages that include cyber coverage to protect:
Website Media Content
Costs to defend claims by state regulators
Cyber coverage plans for businesses come in all shapes and sizes. Our friendly agents can help put together a policy just for you. We’ll find one that is both affordable and reliable. Call us at 410-571-1771 or email [email protected]